SHOW could really enhance your class material on history, and social issues such as the environment and health.
According to the website, "select a subject from the top menu and watch the countries on the map change their size. Instead of land mass, the size of each country will represent the data for that subject - both its share of the total and absolute value."
There are 3 different sets of data, SHOW/World, SHOW/USA, and SHOW/Japan
- People: Demographics, Causes of Death, Education, Health, Religion
- Planet: Animal Resources, Crop Resources, Energy, Environment, Metals and Minerals, Natural Disasters
- Business: Economy, Global Brands, Industry, Technology, Transport
- Politics: Government, Law & Order, Migration, War & Conflict, Aid
- Living: Food & Dining, Travel, Sports, Medicine
There are options given to download/embed a direct link, embed the animation, download this map as an image or download the data as an excel file.
The web site also suggests relevant books that can be purchased through various companies such as Amazon.
|This map of the world shows countries that are resized by the countries' population relative to the world population. Countries are ranked on the right hand side. Clicking on those countries will indicate the actual population.|